Fitness trackers are not only take care of our health and fitness but are also a sign of intelligence, style, and smartness. Whenever an individual wears a fitness tracker on his wrist, he/she is ready to move on with the updated world.
People around the world have different thoughts, questions, and different perceptions related to fitness tracker.
A common question generally asked is: Can you wear a fitness tracker on your ankle? Now, this may sound stupid and senseless, but if you think twice, you will learn that the question is interesting and worthy. So let’s get into it and find the answer to this Interesting question.
Can You Wear A Fitness Tracker On Your Ankle?
We are living in the 21st century where everything is possible, and there are very few chances that you hear “No” for any of the possibilities except if you try to change universal laws or challenge nature.
So the answer to the question: “Can You Wear Fitness Tracker On Your Ankle” is Yes but wait! This is not the complete answer. You need to know something more to make your decision on this question.
Generally, fitness trackers are designed for an individual’s wrists and are like a wristwatch with some smart features and new design. Since starting, every man/woman wore a watch on his/her wrist.
But as we said earlier, nothing is impossible in the 21st century. Today, people are so advanced in their thinking that they had designed a fitness tracker for your ankle also!
Wearing a fitness tracker on your ankle is not a big deal but wearing a fitness tracker on your ankle has many disadvantages. You will get irritated while wearing the tracker on your ankle after some time.
Cons of Ankle Fitness Tracker
Let’s see the Serious problems that you will face after wearing a fitness tracker on your ankle:
- Currently, fitness trackers are designed for wrists, and various sensors work according to them. If you wear it on the ankle, some sensors may not work accurately.
- There are more chances that you may lose your fitness tracker while traveling outside.
- You can’t monitor your sleep and heart rate if you wear a fitness tracker on your ankle.
- You can not see your health data and other things on the screen as it is next to impossible to see the display while wearing the fitness tracker on your ankle.
- As we mentioned above, fitness trackers are nothing but an updated version of wristwatches, and we have been wearing wristwatches for years. So wearing a fitness tracker on your wrist is more comfortable than wearing it on your ankle.
These are the disadvantages of wearing a fitness tracker on your ankle, and that’s the reason why wearing a fitness tracker on the ankle is not a good idea.
Pros of Ankle Fitness Tracker
Everything in this world has both merits and demerits. We have discussed above the demerits of wearing a fitness tracker on the ankle. Now we will discuss the merits of wearing it on the ankle:
- Wearing a fitness tracker on your ankle is a good idea if your profession didn’t allow you to wear it on your wrist. People doing the job as Nurse, Cook can opt for a fitness tracker for the ankle.
- It is suitable for people who lost their hands in an accident or due to any disease. Specially-abled people can wear the fitness tracker on their ankles.
How to wear a fitness tracker on the ankle?
Wearing a fitness tracker on your ankle is easy but wearing it for a long time is irritating and uncomfortable.
You can use the strap of the tracker and wear it on your ankle in the same way you wear it on your wrist. But sometimes, the band will become short for your ankle, which may create a problem for you.
The simple way to fulfill your wish of wearing a fitness tracker on the ankle is to purchase a fitness tracker for the ankle.
Yes, don’t get confused, you will get a lot of fitness trackers for the ankle, and they are pretty adjustable for every size of the ankle.
Wearing a fitness tracker on the ankle is not a crime so, you can wear it on your ankle, but it depends on your interests. But there is no reason to wear it on the ankle instead of the wrist.
We don’t recommend you to change the method and tradition of anything unnecessarily. Fitness trackers are for the wrist, so there is no need to wear them on the ankle.